6 Places to Stay in Duluth MN for the Ultimate Romantic Escape
Looking for the most romantic places to stay in Duluth MN for Valentine’s Day, a wedding anniversary, or another special occasion? The Traditional Inns of Duluth offer six extraordinary bed and breakfasts for an unforgettable getaway. Indulge your loved one and yourself with a luxurious stay at one of these elegant places to stay in Duluth MN.
Nothing compares to the warm hospitality provided by professional innkeepers, with decades of experience and dedication. Their attention to every detail, from the gourmet breakfasts to the perfectly appointed guest suites, create the ideal romantic escape. All the historic inns have their own unique style and personality. The guest suites, designed for ultimate relaxation, include cozy fireplaces, soaking tubs, beautiful decor, sumptuous bedding, and scenic views. There are no better places to stay in Duluth MN for an amazing romantic getaway.
The six gorgeous inns are located in charming neighborhoods around the city, close to great restaurants, site seeing, and entertainment. Walk along Lake Superior on the scenic Lakewalk and watch the ships come in through the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge. Tour historic Glensheen Mansion, the Maritime Museum, or the lovely Rose Gardens. A drive on the Duluth’s National Scenic Byway also makes a wonderful day trip. Add adventure with side trips to Superior Hiking Trail, Tettegouche State Park, Gooseberry Falls, and Split Rock Lighthouse. With all the amazing restaurants, shops, hiking, skiing, and biking trails, you’ll never run out of wonderful things to do on your Duluth vacation.
These 6 Bed and Breakfast are the Most Romantic Places to Stay in Duluth MN
The Traditional Inns of Duluth member bed and breakfasts include six absolutely stunning locations for a magical escape. The classic architecture, refined interiors, and opulent suites created the ideal romantic setting. Add a little extra with special packages offered by the inns to make the stay even more memorable.
- The Ellery House – A few blocks away from shimmering Lake Superior, stands this whimsical victorian bed and breakfast. The four charming suites offer the ultimate in comfort and privacy. Soak in the classic claw-footed tubs or linger by your very own fireplace. Start the morning with an incredible home-made breakfast in your room, before a fun day in the city. Add A dozen roses, chilled sparkling beverage, Belgian chocolate truffles with the inn’s Romance Package.
- Merryweather Inn – This grand 1904 Georgian Colonial Revival mansion has a lot of history and 7 refined guest suites for a romantic stay in Duluth. The exquisite library and music room (with a grand piano) are filled with antiques and period-inspired furnishings. Plans to improve and renovate the inn begin soon, however, they are offering a last-minute pre-grand opening, under renovation special for the month of February. The limited pricing also includes a wine and chocolate package to your romantic getaway.
- Solglimt Lakeshore Bed and Breakfast – If a waterfront location is your idea of the ultimate romantic setting than this bed and breakfast is your perfect place. Guests love walking the 120 beautiful feet of beachfront property on Lake Superior. The five generous suites have a classy, modern design with fireplaces and jetted soaking tubs. Explore the lively Canal Park neighborhood, just steps away, with fun restaurants, shops, and breweries. Then return to your tranquil, lakeside retreat and sip a glass of wine on the rooftop deck while soaking up the stunning 360-degree views.
- The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast – Discover this grand mansion, built by grain baron, George G. Barnum in 1910, hidden away on a quiet Duluth street. The renovated historic home now houses five elegant suites with relaxing fireplaces and whirlpool tubs. Wake up to an overflowing gourmet breakfast basket delivered to your door each morning.
- Cotton Mansion Bed and Breakfast – This graceful home was designed and built in 1908 for Joseph and Louise Cotton and their family. Now completely restored and updated to include five luxurious suites perfect for honeymoons, anniversaries, or any romantic occasion. Cozy up by the fire, or slip into a two-person whirlpool tub for a romantic night. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, they’re offering special pricing for the month of February.
- A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast – This exceptional bed and breakfast nestled on two secluded acres is the most private romantic escape. Guests unwind in the seven elegant suites with fireplaces, two-person whirlpools, and complimentary wine. Your delectable multi-course breakfast can be served in your room or enjoy it in the beautiful dining room. Customize your couple retreat with one of their seven Romance Packages. Some include wine, roses, and chocolates, while others add dinner certificates, champagne, and so much more.
The Traditional Inns of Duluth make it easy to find wonderful places to stay in Duluth MN for your dream getaway. These six beautiful bed and breakfasts are the perfect setting to rekindle your flame on a wonderful intimate escape. Start your new year off with a romantic vacation to the sparkling shores of Lake Superior in Duluth.