Great Duluth Restaurants to Love in 2020
Duluth restaurants have something for every taste and occasion. Find intimate, romantic settings for the perfect date night over a bottle of fine wine or an elegant cocktail. Satisfying comfort food at a casual restaurant hits the spot after an active day hiking, biking or skiing the trails around Duluth. During the warmer months many Duluth restaurants serve great food with fantastic views of Lake Superior. While the excellent delis and BBQ places are great to pick up a picnic lunch to enjoy in a park or on a scenic drive. Need to grab a bite after a show, concert or hockey game? Stop by one of the lively pubs or breweries for a late-night drink and small bites to share.
The wonderful Duluth restaurants offer visitors an amazing selection of great food, beautiful views, in warm and welcoming settings. When planning a Duluth getaway also find the best choice of world-class bed and breakfasts at The Historic Inns of Duluth. Our 6 member bed and breakfasts each have a unique style and elegance. With locations close to all the Duluth attractions, these luxurious, romantic retreats offer the perfect balance of activity and relaxation. Plan a Duluth vacation this new year on the shore of Lake Superior.
5 Ways to Enjoy Duluth Restaurants
There’s no one way to describe Duluth restaurants, except maybe variety. Come to Duluth for the freshest farm-to-table meals, outstanding smoked deli meats, gourmet comfort food, amazing pizza, unforgettable homemade pasta dishes, and the list goes on. Within downtown Duluth and around the city visitors enjoy wonderful dining experiences from romantic to casual. Come explore the diverse Duluth restaurants:
- Romantic Cafes – Find a great choice of intimate settings with sophisticated menus for a special evening out with your loved one. At Sara’s Table Chester Creek Cafe and the New Scenic Cafe both create the freshest seasonal menus for a true farm-to-table meal. The charming, cozy interiors with lovely gardens, fireplaces and comfortable booths invite couples to linger over glasses of wine. While the Lake Avenue Restaurant & Bar offers foodie couples the most unique menu for an unforgettable dining experience. The Zeitgeist Cafe has classy comfort food, great cocktails and entertainment all under one roof. This cafe and arts complex also houses a theater and cinema, so catching a show after dinner was never easier. With a charming Italian countryside atmosphere Bellisio’s Italian Restaurant serves excellent authentic Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list. Couples craving the best sushi in town can share a flight of saki with their rolls at Wasabi Japanese Cuisine. Classic American cuisine is served in Restaurant 301 and Black Woods’ small but comfortable spaces.
- Great Views – Lake Superior creates an impressive backdrop to any meal and several Duluth restaurants offer wonderful views. Canal Park Brewing Co. lakeside setting has the best patio views in the city. It’s a relaxing place to enjoy a flight of their brews during the warmer days. Combine great views, fresh Italian cuisine and Duluth’s best gelato at Va Bene lakeview location. The slowly rotating, 360-degree view at JJ Astor might steal the show from the excellent New York strip steaks. Closer to the ground The Boat Club, located in the lower level of the Fitger’s complex, offers sweeping lake views from large windows. The Pickwick Restaurant and Pub historic dining room with hand carved woodwork, stained glass and painted murals may distract you from the beautiful lake views.
- Fun Casual Dining – Many come out to Duluth for the great cross-country skiing trails, that become the miles of biking and hiking trails in the warmer months. After an exciting day enjoying the outdoors, Duluth restaurants are a great place to relax and refuel. For the most satisfying sandwich stop at Corktown Deli and Brews. They house brine and smoke their meats, creating the spectacular sandwiches served with soup, salads and a choice of local beers. The Duluth Grill looks like a standard diner but the locals love the fresh, homemade comfort food with generous portions. Oink, Moo, Cluck! OMC Smokehouse has become the premier Duluth barbecue joint with melt-in-your-mouth brisket and pulled pork. When craving great pizza, pasta and hoagies grab lunch at Pizza Luce. Stretch out on big, sunny patios while enjoying your meal at Sir Benedict’s Tavern on the Lake and the Tavern on the Hill.
- Perfect for Picnics – People line up down the street at the Northern Waters Smokehaus for their exceptional sandwiches. This small deli in a corner of the Dewitt-Seitz building offers curry-rubbed leg of lamb, smoked Berkshire ham, expertly smoked Lake Superior trout, and even smoked tofu. Create a gourmet picnic lunch to enjoy while watching the ships on Lake Superior.
- Welcoming Breweries – They say Fitger’s Brewhouse started the whole craft beer movement in Duluth and it’s still a fun place for a great meal. Sample their small-batch ales and lagers with the artisanal pub fare menu. The large taproom at Ursa Minor Brewing not only serves their creative stouts, IPAs, lagers, and pilsners but excellent thin crust pizza too.
The outstanding Duluth restaurants make any vacation here even more memorable. Find your favorite place in our great city on your next Duluth getaway. The wonderful bed and breakfasts of The Historic Inns of Duluth offer the very best in service and hospitality for an effortless vacation.